The public enterprise for state roads is registered under the title
“Public Enterprise for State Roads”
The abbreviated forms of the title are
“PE for State Roads” and “PESR”.
Dame Gruev Str., No. 14
Republic of North Macedonia
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel. +389 2 3118 044
Fax: +389 2 3220 535; +389 2 3116 385
The Government of the Republic of Macedonia is the founder of the PESR.
The Public Enterprise for State Roads was founded by Government of the Republic of Macedonia for the purpose of performing the planning, construction, reconstruction, rehabilitation, maintenance, protection of the public roads, and managing the state roads.
The Public Enterprise is established as a legal entity, acts independently in the legal operations, and is accountable for the undertaken liabilities with its total assets.
The PESR is accountable for its operations to the Government of the Republic of North Macedonia.
The PESR is in charge of the following:
- State roads management;
- Proposing a five-year program for state roads development and maintenance;
- Constant monitoring and control of the situation on state roads;
- Implementing measures for rational use of funds allocated for state roads;
- Performing investment activities in the domain of state roads;
- Collecting fees charged for the public roads use;
- Borrowing from domestic and foreign financial institutions;
- Organizing the development of studies and designs on construction, reconstruction, rehabilitation, maintenance, and protection of state roads, as well as toll collection, with a right to contract them out to physical or legal entities in accordance with the Law;
- Contracting out the works for construction, reconstruction, rehabilitation, maintenance, and protection of state roads, as well as toll collection, to legal entities, in accordance with the Law;
- Proposing decisions for initiating procedures for managing a state road by a concession and/or public-private partnership;
- Issuing licenses and approvals, and giving opinions as per the Law on Public Roads;
- Organizing activities related to counting traffic, state roads protection, state roads cadastre, and development of the necessary data bases;
- Implementation and use of a Pavement Management System (PMS) and Bridge Management System (BMS); and
- Supporting the construction of roads other than state roads, based on liabilities arising from Law.